www.OpenCorporates.com is this remarkable Open Database of the Corporate World.
This link takes you to 3,059,982 active companies in the UK and reveals 19 different company types. The last one is Royal Charter Company.
This link takes you to 834 Royal Charter Companies. Nearly all were registered on 1 Jan 1981 and comprise:
- The Bank of England (1 Jan 1981 – )
- Universities and Colleges
- Schools and Academies
- The British Broadcasting Corporation
- The British Council
- Lots of ‘Chartered’ institutes and societies
- Hospitals and Lunatic Asylums
- Professional Institutes and Institutions
- Companies and Societies
- Libraries and Museums
- Clubs and Associations
- Unions, Committees and Councils…
If you are not familiar with the significance of Royal Charters, please click on Royal Charters – the ticket to Immunity from Prosecution. Continue reading