Through many years I have studied:
- what ‘money’ is [interest-free Cash and interest-bearing Credit]
- who controls the ‘money supply’, if anybody
- the ratio between Cash and Credit in the money supply
- the historic development of the power of Central Banks over National Governments by national or ‘public’ debts.
But only recently did I come across the Bradbury Pound (1914) as Britain’s version of Lincoln’s Greenbacks (1861):
- Bradbury Pound
- interest-free, backed by the Public Credit
- issued by Treasury rather than Banks.
Maybe we don’t need to finance another war, but the current financial wars may be enough reason to
- bring back the Bradbury Pound
- or issue Green Credit for Green Purposes as submitted to the Treasury Select Committee in 2008
- aka Public Credit for Public Purposes – our Early Day Motion in 2006…
But: the City rules Westminster with their money as debt aka credit. And even Wikipedia plays part in mystifying the money issues rather than contributing to enlightenment. Never mind: we each can only do what we must do, according to our own inner light…